I just attended the Super Golf Show at the Dupage Expo Center (for lack of better names) in St. Charles, IL across the street from the Pheasant Run Resort and Golf Course. $9 admission (kids under 12 are free) no discounts for seniors. Plenty of parking out front, and the place is really easy to find. There is mostly golf clubs, shoes, bags, balls, gloves, hats, some shirts, accessorizes, and the occasional leaf removal system for your residential gutters. No Golf Courses from Chicago land though, just equipment.
If you are looking for a deal on new clubs, or even better used clubs… the super golf show is the place for you. They have everything and anything that you can think of from wedges to drivers. Most of the equipment is from last season and older. You do have some new new equipment but mostly a season or two old stuff. The best part is you can get some great deals on clubs that are brand new, but came out a year or two ago. My dad bought a Nike VR Limited Driver (retails for $479) for $119 tax included. The driver was brand new with plastic still on it, perfect shape with a head cover. There is plenty of new old stock (items that are brand new but a few years old or older).
- Show runs Friday 1-13 through Sunday 1-15
- Open Fri. 12pm-8pm, Sat. 10am-6pm, Sun. 10am-5pm
- $199 Scotty Cameron 2012 Studio Select Putters (they are salesmen demo’s so they are great shape and not used, but a little rough)
- Great New Old Stock
- Deals Deals Deals $15 Drivers, $5 Putters, great for throw around clubs
- Vintage hickory shafted clubs (perfect for decorations)
- $9 is less that the Chicago Golf Show, but it is roughly 1/4 the size
If you are looking for the hottest driver that you just saw in Golf Digest’s Hot List that hasn’t hit the big stores yet, then this is not the place to go. You are not going to find the newest stuff at the Super Golf Show at the Dupage Expo Center. But there are still some great deals to be found!